Flakie Friday - Nubar 2010 & NfuOh 54

Friday 13 March 2015


Welcome to the first Flakie Friday!  What is Flakie Friday you ask?  Well it's a new little series I have decided to start here on my blog.  I have a ton of untried polishes in my collection (which I aim to start getting through more this year) and a whole bunch of them are flakie polishes.  I absolutely love flakies so why they sit untouched in my drawers is beyond me.  Now every Friday (for how long I don't know yet) I will be breaking out the flakies!  Woohoo!

Nubar 2010 and NfuOh 54 over Nubar Peacock Feathers
Now I know that I have already posted this one on Instagram a couple of weeks ago but it's just too stunning now to post on my blog too.  That and I have extra pictures that I never put up on Instagram so doing a blog post is perfect.

To create this look I first painted on Nubar Peacock Feathers (which I was hoping was much more duochrome like on the nail but the second coat made it rather dark so you couldn't see the colour shift as much - but maybe that was because of my lighting).  I then painted one coat of NfuOh 54 and then sponged two coats of Nubar 2010.  I absolutely love this combination.  I can see me layering more flakies in the future.  

Of course when you wear flakies you have to use a matte top coat as well.  I'm sure there is a law about it somewhere.  I used the OPI Matte Top Coat.

I love flakies!  I love them shiny and matte.  I just love everything about them.  Now to decide what flakie polish (or polishes) I should wear next.  If there is any that you want to see let me know in the comments below. 



2 comments:

  1. That macro of the flakie! Gorgeous! I don't actually own any! Isn't it shocking!! Do you own any of the ILNP ones as they catch my eye but I don't know where to start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that macro too. There are soooo many pretty colours. I can't wait to play with more. And no flakies? Claire you are missing out! I don't have any ILNP ones but they do look amazing.

    ReplyDelete