Two Birds Lacquer First Anniversary Collection - Swatches & Review

Sunday 10 May 2015


Recently Two Birds Lacquer celebrated their first anniversary of their store opening.  How exciting!  To help celebrate, Two Birds released a five piece collection with each polish being named after different traditional first anniversary tokens.  I'm not really into the whole the anniversary token thing but gorgeous polishes, well I'm all for that.  Now let's get into it.

Carnation is a dark pink shimmer, packed with rainbow iridescent micro glitters and a sprinkle of gunmetal microflakies.  Now the formula on this one is amazing.   So easy to use and only requires one coat for it to be opaque.

Clocks is a bright royal blue with some violet/gold shimmer.  There is always something magically about Two Birds blue polishes and I don't know what it is.  I now own two and am completely in love.  The formula of this one is amazing as well.  My swatch shows one coat.

Cotton is a dark shimmery gunmetal polish with scattered holo and a slight crystal green shift.  Now while I do love this one in the bottle, I was a little disappointed with it on the nails.  The formula and colour look great and in the bottle it looks as though there is lots of sparkles, however on the nail you can barely see any of the sparkle.  It is opaque in one coat but I used two coats in hopes to get some more sparkle.
Picture taken in lightbox

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Mother Of Peal is a pale grey creme full of rainbow pearl flakies and a sprinkling of crystal green micro hex glitters.  Such a pretty polish and easy to use.  I wish we had some sunshine when I swatched this one so you can see all the extra colours in there.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Paper is a deep aubergine polish with multiple colour shift, and subtle scattered holo.  Again, this is a beautiful colour and is easy to use.  I used two coats for my swatch below.
Picture taken in lightbox

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Now as a bonus (and a complete surprise to me) Two Birds added in a random birthday present to orders of the Anniversary Collection.  And by random I mean that even Stacey (the creator) didn't even know what everyone received.  I received a beautiful red jelly with purple and pink glitters of various sizes and shapes.  I needed three coats of this and there is still a slight visible nail line so next time I will definitely be wearing this over a base colour.

While I was looking at the Two Birds website I noticed that this collection is no longer available for purchase so I am guessing they were limited edition.  Who was lucky enough to get their hands on this collection?  I am so glad I did.  It's a great collection.  My personal favorites are Clocks and Carnation.


No comments:

Post a Comment