Gloss & Co Mixed Swatches & Review

Wednesday 27 January 2016


Hello!  Long time no see.  I am so sorry for disappearing like that.  For those of you who don't follow me on Instagram you will have missed the explanation for my disappearance.  Since returning from our holiday (which was awesome by the way) I have been really sick.  While I am still not 100%, I am feeling much better and have been able to get back into painting my nails.  Yay!  I definitely have missed painting my nails and blogging.  I do have some swatches that I did last year which I planned to post whilst I was away on holiday but limited access to the internet stopped that so prepare yourself for some of those posts in the next few weeks, along with some new polishes.  I am planning on posting three to four times a week again so you will be seeing me on a regular basis again.


Now that we have caught up a little, let's talk about a new indie brand that has popped up in the last few months, Gloss & Co.  I have been following Gloss & Co on Instagram for quite some time now and have been keen to see what they released, as their Instagram account didn't show too much.  Luckily for me, Simone contacted me and asked if I was happy to review some of her polishes.  Naturally I said yes, which is what I will be doing for you today.

Before jumping into the shades, I wanted to talk about the packaging that the polishes come in.  Now depending on how many you order will depend on what box you receive.  I received five shades in total and received two individual boxes as well as a trio box.  I like the idea of the individual boxes, however I am not a fan of the trio box.  Why?  Simply, it's just not practical for storing your nail polish.  At least one bottle would need to be stored upside down or you have to lay the box down, which isn't good for your polish.  Given the price of these polishes I would expect individual polishes for all of the polishes.

Individual boxes

Inside the trio box
Amity is a bright pink with a slightly purple tone to it.  Such a pretty colour.  The formula is slightly on the thicker side but is easy enough to work with.  I used two coats for my swatch.


Florence is a periwinkle blue.  This is my favorite of the ones that I received.  The formula is ok.  It is quite thin in colour and patchy on the first coat so you need to either do a thick second coat or do three thin coats.  I used two thick coats for my swatch.


Kin is a light purple.  This one looks slightly different in the bottle than it does on the nails.  On the nails it has more of a blue tone.  The formula was easy enough to work with.  I used two coats for my swatch.


Linger is a mint creme.  Pretty colour but the formula is a bit of a nightmare.  It is really patchy and thin in colour on the first coat and takes at least three coats to make it opaque.  You can still see slight patches with three coats (which is what I used) but I think I should have done four coats.


Oscar is a coral creme.  The formula is easy to work with.  My swatch shows two coats, however I probably could have done with a third coat.


Overall, I think these are some really pretty colours.  The formulas are quite hit and miss though.

These polishes along with many other shades are available from Gloss & Co.

3 comments:

  1. I do follow you on Instagram but I am so glad you are feeling. Don't rush recovery too much. :0) So, so happy to see your nails and swatches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always wondered if you were the same Christy on IG and now I know. Thank you so much for all of your support and kind words both here and on IG. :)

      Delete
  2. These are cute and look like they are good quality :-D

    ReplyDelete