Emily de Molly April 2016 Releases - Swatches & Review

Thursday 9 June 2016


It seems like forever since I have done an Emily de Molly post (it was actually mid May since my last post - I looked lol).  The polishes I have to share with you today I have actually had sitting in my polish racks waiting for the "right" time (read as waiting for some sunshine) but sadly it just hasn't happened.  There are a few holos or polishes that really do need sunshine but Melbourne has lost the sun (thanks Winter!) so I do apologize for my pictures - I had no choice but to use my flash on my camera.  


Clip Art is a dark blue/teal jelly with neon yellow and aqua glitters and a gold shimmer.  I am actually surprised how my I like this one.  It's not something that would normally jump out at me but I quite like it on.  The formula is really easy to use and is opaque in two coats.

Picture taken in light box
Darker Days is a dark brown with red/purple undertones with iridescent flakes that shift from orange/gold/green/blue and copper shimmer.  This one does applies unevenly on the first coat however evens out on the second.  My swatch shows two coats.  I probably should have done a third coat as it is slightly see through at the tips in direct light.

Picture taken in light box
Flatline is A light taupe grey ultra holo, with strong purple undertones. Ultra holo it is!  I wish there was some sun around for this baby.  You can actually tell how holo it is from the light box picture.  Normally you can't see holos so well but look at those colours!  So in love.  The formula is amazing, although it is a little on the sheer side.  I used three coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box with flash
LE31 is described as a dark turquoise creme with multichrome flakies and the tiniest amount of glitter.  Super easy to use and opaque in two coats.  I believe this one has sold out on the Australian site but I am not too sure if it is available anywhere else.

Picture taken in light box
LE32 is a blue to clear thermal with an added red base and a strong orange shine, so it appears to be a burgundy to orange.  The colour of this one changes really well.  So much so I actually had a lot of trouble keeping it in is cold state.  You can kind of see the transition in the first picture.  The formula is great and is opaque in two coats.  I couldn't see this polish on the Australian site anymore and I am not sure if it is available anywhere else.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box with flash
Lyrical is a turquoise green holo.  Pretty colour and great formula.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box with flash
Reset Button is a bright red based purple holo.  Now you can see that on the nails it does look different to what's in the bottle.  It also doesn't look as holo on the nails.  I couldn't work out why but Hayley has noted on the site that this is due to a top coat.  No idea why the top coat changes it so much but either way it is still pretty.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box with flash
Savvy Trinket is a purple foil with gold / green / blue shifting shimmer.  This polish is absolutely gorgeous.  I couldn't stop looking at my nails.  It's so pretty at every angle.  The formula is great.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box
Smiling Fortune is a neon pink jelly with very strong gold to green shimmer with copper, neon pink and light green glitters.  So pretty and sparkly.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box
There are definitely some stunners in April's releases.  My absolutely favorites are Flatline and Savvy Trinkets.

As I mentioned earlier I don't think the LE polishes are available anymore, however the others are available through Emily de Molly Australian site.  They may also be available through the international site or one of the stockists.  It's definitely worth keeping your eyes out and grabbing some of these polishes.

2 comments:

  1. Omg Flatline & Savvy Trinket are the most beautiful colours ever! Amazing swatches as always and I'm loving these swatch posts!
    Vicky xx
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both of those polishes are AMAZING! So in love with them both <3 And thank you :)

      Delete