Emily de Molly Birthday Trio - Swatches & Review

Thursday 16 June 2016


On May 28th Emily de Molly turned four years old!   I can't believe that EdM has been around that long.  It really only seems like maybe two years since I started collecting them (I know I wasn't there from the very beginning but I don't think I was too far from the start).  It's crazy how quickly times goes.  Anyway, in order to help celebrate their forth birthday EdM released a gorgeous trio which I have to share with you today.


Brick By Brick is a grey based crelly with gold to green to blue shifting shimmer.  This one does look a little olive in some lights because of the shimmer.  This isn't typically my type of colour but I really like this one.  It's easy to use and is opaque in two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box with flash

Picture taken in light box
Dark Citation is a very dark blurple jelly with colour shifting iridescent flakes that shift from orange through to green and blue. It also has a fine copper shimmer and copper coloured micro glitters.  This is quite nice but I think it definitely needs sunshine to show its true beauty.  The formula is easy to use.  I used two coats for my swatch.  

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box with flash

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Pending Perfection is a light mint green creme with a heavy red to gold duochrome shimmer throughout.  This one is quite pretty and easy to use.  I used three coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box with flash

Picture take in light box
I think this is such a great birthday trio.  Unfortunately it appears that two of the three shades are unavailable and I am not sure if they will be restocked or not.  Brick By Brick is still available on the Australian site but isn't on the international site.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh Pending Perfection is so stunning. That shimmer is beautiful. Your swatching skills are incredible xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vicky. I love your swatches. They are always amazing! xx

      Delete