Polish Envy Swatch Spam - Swatches & Review

Monday 6 June 2016


Today I have eight polishes to share with you from Polish Envy.  I have previously swatched some of Polish Envy's Duralacq range.  If you missed that post you can check it out here.  The polishes I have today are predominately metallic foil polishes, with the except of one polish which is a shimmer.


The consistency across these polishes is pretty similar.  They are all easy to work with, however I found these polishes quite sheer.  As you probably are aware, I don't like visible nail lines at all and also don't like having see through tips (in my opinion polishes aren't fully opaque if you can hold your nails up to a light and see through them).  These polishes are all see through at the tips with three coats (some swatches I have only used two coats) and with extra polish applied to the tips.

Blue No More is a bright blue metallic foil.  This is quite a pretty colour.  My swatch shows three coats.


Blue On My Mind is a blue metallic foil.  I used three coats for my swatch.


Crescent Moon is a gunmetal grey metallic.  This is one of the most "opaque" of the eight polishes I have swatched.  My swatch shows two coats (and still has slightly see through tips).


Foxxy is an orange metallic foil.  My swatch shows three coats.


Magic Mustard is a yellow gold metallic foil.  This one has visible brush strokes.  My swatch shows two coats.


Magnetica is a magenta metallic foil.  I used two coats for my swatch.


Popsicle is a coral metallic foil.  My swatch shows three coats.


Water My Melon is a coral pink shimmer.  My swatch shows three coats.


 These polishes are available from Polish Envy.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh these are so pretty, I love big swatch posts featuring lots of colours.
    Out of interest, how long does it take you to swatch colours? You always have such swatch heavy posts, I just can't fit in that much swatching and work ... I must swatch like a snail :)
    Vicky xx
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, it depends completely on the polishes and what else I am doing at the same time (I can get very side tracked sometimes). I aim to do a minimum of two manis a day (whether it be a plain swatch or nail art) and will "cheat" with various things. For example, if I am swatching a collection and also have stamping plates to review as well I will use the swatch as my base for something else. They don't always get posted around the same time but they usually get posted at some point. I usually try and stay ahead with manis so usually what I post both here and on IG isn't always what I am wearing on my nails at the time. For example, I am currently wearing a soon to be released Powder Perfect polish but it won't be seen until next week. I have a blog planner done at least a month in advance (which is flexible in case things come up) so I know which polishes I should be aiming to use etc. If I am lucky I can try and have a bit of a swatching "day" on a weekend (which is usually half a day). At a guess I would say it takes me a minimum of 30 mins for one swatch (and that is probably more for a creme that takes two coats). I'm really not sure if any of this blabbering even answers your question. How long does it take you to swatch? Now I am curious to know lol. Oh I should also point out, I'm a stay at home mum so I don't "work". I don't paint my nails often during the day, it's mainly once my daughter goes to bed. :)

      Delete