OPI Retro Summer Collection - Swatches & Review

Monday 29 August 2016


I couldn't be happier to have the OPI Retro Summer Collection arrive at my doorstep.  I've been drooling over swatches of this collection for what feels like a hundred years.  That might be a slight exaggeration but you get my point.  This collection did not disappoint me at all.  I'm seriously in love with it and can't wait to wear these when the weather starts warming up.


The Retro Summer Collection consists of six light and bright coloured creme polishes.  The formulas on each of these are nice and easy to apply.  A few of them (particularly the lighter shades) do apply a little uneven on the first coat and need three coats to even them out.

Flip Flops & Crop Tops is a bright pink creme.  I love the colour of this one.  It also has the best formula of this collection (not that the formulas of the other polishes are bad).  My swatch shows two coats.


I'm Getting A Tan-gerine is described as a citrusy orange creme.  I think this colour would be great with a tan, but at the moment while I have lovely winter white skin I'm not sure it works on me.  I used three coats for this one, although you could probably get away with two coats.


Sailing & Nail-ing is a beautiful blue creme.  This actually reminds me a little of my dearly beloved OPI What's With The Cattitude?  I love the colour and the formula is great.  My swatch shows two coats.


SPF XXX is described as a orange-red creme.  I personally don't think it looks red at all.  Whatever colour you want to call it I think it's really pretty.  My swatch shows two coats.


Towel Me About It is a light sunny yellow creme.  As expected, this polish does apply unevenly on the first coat and needed three coats to be opaque.   You may not be as fussy as I am so you may be happy to leave it at two coats.  I used three coats for my swatch.


What's The Double Scoop? is a light pink creme.  Again, this one applies unevenly on the first coat but evens out on the third coat.  I do really like the colour of this one.  My swatch shows three coats.


I am really loving this collection.  Despite the uneven application of some of these, the colours are amazing and they are so easy to use.  I know I'll get some great use out of these polishes.  If I had to pick some favorites I would say Flip Flops & Crop Tops and Sailing & Nail-ing would be it.  But really I liked all of these polishes.

The OPI Retro Summer Collection is available from Myer, David Jones and selected salons.

No comments:

Post a Comment