Lina Nail Art Supplies Feeling Shapely 01, 04 & 05 Stamping Plates - Swatches & Review

Monday 7 November 2016


Today I have the final three plates that I was sent from Lina Nail Art Supplies.  I thought it was best to keep these plates grouped together seems they are all from the same collection/theme.  The Feeling Shapely currently has seven different plates all featuring twenty nine full sized images and one half moon image.  If you have read my other two posts about Lina's plates you will know that I love that these plates feature mainly full sized images.  They are but far my most used type of images.  Now as there is three plates in this post, it is a little picture heavy and I will try and keep my chatting to a minimum.

Feeling Shapely 01

Image from Lina Nail Art Supplies
This was actually the last of the plates that I used.  Why?  Well I think it was because I was really wanting to do something amazing with it.  There are so many awesome designs and lots and lots of layering potential.  Now I am no expert at layering images but I definitely want to practice more and get better at it.  For my first mani using this plate I used Orly Last Call as my base and Powder Perfect's Black and Silver Stamping Polishes.  I love how this mani turned out.


Now this next mani is actually my third attempt at this mani.  Yes third!  The first time it turned out ok but it wasn't great so I took it off and tried again.  The second mani turned out great right up to the point I smudged it when putting my top coat on.  At this point I was ready to give up on this mani but I gave it one more try and here is the result.  I refused to put top coat on purely because I didn't want to ruin another mani.  Polishes used are OPI Alpine Snow, and three stamping polishes from Ya Qin An.


Feeling Shapely 04

Image from Lina Nail Art Supplies
There are a few images that when I saw them I thought "yes I have to use that image".  Strangely enough when I actually used this mani I went for completely different images.  No clue why, I guess they were just calling me at the time.  For my first mani I used OPI Alpine Snow for my base and did a stamped gradient using Dance Legend's Blue and Mint Stamping Polishes.


This last mani is definitely one that looks better in my head, and also didn't photograph very well.  I used Color Club's 'Til The Record Stops, Feathered Hair Out To There, Meet Me At The Rink and Diggin' The Dancing Queen.  I then stamped using Powder Perfect's White Stamping Polish.


Feeling Shapely 05

Image from Lina Nail Art Supplies
This mani is actually the first mani that I did using the Feeling Shapely plates.  I was originally going to add some yellow dots to the centre of the image to give it more of a flower look however I loved how it looked alone.  Polishes used are Sienna Byron Bay's Dream and Powder Perfect's White Stamping Polish.


This next mani is definitely a favorite of mine.  I love this image!  It is easily my favorite from this plate.  As soon as I saw it I knew I had to do a neon gradient and I am so happy I did.  For the gradient I used Pretty Serious Cosmetics Cutie Patootie, Fluffykins and Peachy Poo (over OPI Alpine Snow) and stamped using Powder Perfect's Black Stamping Polish.


As I have mentioned in my previous post (you can see my review of the Make Your Mark 01 plate here and the In Motion 01 plate here) I am in love with these plates.  I think the designs are amazing, I love that they are predominantly full sized images and they all stamped beautifully.  You can guarantee that you will be seeing me using these plates lots and you will be seeing more reviews of their other plates on my blog as well.

The Feeling Shapely plates are all available from Lina Nail Art Supplies.


Lina Nail Art Supplies Social Media:
Facebook Group:  www.facebook.com/groups/1034982353285442/
Twitter: www.twitter.com/LinaNailArtSupp
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/linanailartsupp/
Instagram: www.instagram.com/linanailartsupplies/

Which plates from Lina Nail Art Supplies would you love to see me review? 

4 comments:

  1. I gotta be honest, I love what you did with the plates, but so far nothing for me. My Uberchic pretty much covers all of this. Although I am hoping they come out with a plate devoted to winter in their seasons line. Do you have their Tea, coffee and Gonutz plate? That one tempts me. These actually may be almost a better choice for you since you love the full images more. Do you enjoy the collecting more than the using? I do my nails once sometimes twice a day and this fall I still haven't gotten through all of the fall polishes I want to use. I still want to buy more polish but I want to use what I have already. Same with my plates. Sometimes it is just about the collecting I think. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honest is the best way to be if you ask me. I think some people get a little shocked at how honest I can be. Like with the polish that CG made that cracks. I do try and be polite with how I say things but what I say is truth.

      I don't have the Tea, Coffee and Gonutz. I'm not a coffee or tea drinker so it's not something that I would grab for. That being said I do like donuts so I may end up getting it at some point. lol

      I LOVE collecting all things nails. It's both a good and bad thing. I do tend to grab full collections of polishes (but I can justify that because of my blog). I am truly a sucker for buying in "bulk" for both polishes and plates too. I don't see the point of paying so much for shipping for all little orders. So in that sense I do end up with lots of things that are untried, however I am trying to change that. I am so far on track for swatching ALL of the polishes that I have purchased this year and haven't worn yet. Stamping plates may have to be something I work on next year but at least it will be a good start to getting through these untrieds of mine. I also tend to use the same things over and over, and also bump using polishes (and plates) that I have purchased in favor of things I am sent to swatch.

      Prior to my blogging days I would still buy lots of polishes (especially indies) and went off the theory that it is better to have to polish sitting unloved in my drawers than not to buy it and then want it later when it's hard to find and super expensive.

      Delete
  2. What?! Not a coffee drinker..that fantastic, we can be friends for life now because I am not one either. LOL I drink tea. Always be honest and that one of the reasons I love your blog. My father is a hoarder, so having too much starts to way on my mind a bit. I have a hard time spending more $5-7 on polish. I love polish but it's just polish. I know I will never be a super popular nail artist or swatcher but I must confess to sometimes choosing Indie simply in the hopes of a repost. (I love indies but again the price thing and shipping. Plus I don't always have money for "hot" polishes that sell out quickly) BUT really I just want to do what I want with my nails and not be dictated by polish commitments. (I am a knitter and used to test out patterns and that made my hobby become a job and I lost my love of it) Currently I am breaking up with my former favorite drugstore polish brand. It just isn't being taken seriously and the brand is going in a direction I don't care for. So I am looking for a new one. I am leaning towards OPI or Sally Hansen, I love the wider brush. Opi is expensive $10 full retail here. (I lost that site where you get them for cheap. Could resend that to my email? christyherbert@hotmail.com) Opi is readily avail though, so is Sally Hansen, which cheaper but I can't even find the colors you reviewed of it awhile back on ebay. I think they might be exclusive to Australia. Sorry for writing a book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope definitely not a coffee drinker. I don't even like coffee flavored things. I'm not a fan of tea. Hot chocolate on the other hand.... I understand about hoarding. My mum is a hoarder and I never want to be that way. I did clear out about 500 polishes earlier this year because I just knew I wouldn't use them. I'm sure at some point next year I'll destash again. Polish prices are crazy sometimes (and don't get me started on shipping costs). Here polish prices are crazy! OPI retails for $20 in stores. I use to pay that when I first really started collecting polishes, but it was only one or two bottles and not often at all. Then I discovered online shopping and never looked back. Most of the time even with shipping and our crappy dollar it works out cheaper to buy online then from in stores here. We also miss out on a lot of the polishes you guys get too. I'll send you through that email right now or I may forget lol.

      Delete