Hit The Bottle Mixed Stamping Polishes - Swatches & Review

Thursday 1 June 2017




I have been saying for quite some time now that I need some more stamping polishes in my life (you can never have too many of these things can you?).  In particular, creme stamping polishes.  I do love metallic stamping polishes in person but I am not a fan of how they photograph so I tend to avoid them most of the time.  Anyway, when Michelle asked me if I would like to swatch the new Lina Nail Art Supplies License To Be Sexy stamping plate (you can see my swatches and review of that plate here) she also asked if I would be interested in swatching some of her stamping polish.  I do have quite the collection of Hit The Bottle stamping polishes (I have swatched and reviewed them here) and was really impressed with them back then (that was 2015) so I jumped at the chance to play with some more.



Each of these four polishes have a slight shimmer in them, however you can't really see the shimmer once they are stamped on your nails so they give a creme finish with a slight glow if that makes sense.  They are quite pretty.  For each of my swatches I used over Pretty Serious Cosmetics Absence and Presence.  The stamping design is from Lina Nail Art Supplies License To Be Sexy 01 (which is also available from Hit The Bottle).

Drop Red Gorgeous is a bright red stamping polish with a shimmer finish.  You can definitely see the shimmer of this one on the nails which gives it a slight metallic look.  As you can see it stamps beautifully over both black and white.


Drunk Tank Pink is a pale pink stamping polish with a creme finish.  I really like this one.  I was quite surprised how well it stamps over black too.


Let's Go To The Peach is a peachy orange stamping polish with a creme finish.  I am extremely impressed how well this one stamps.  Look at that pigmentation over the black! 


Stop And Smell The Lilacs is a warm toned lilac purple stamping polish with a creme finish.  This one is really pretty too.  I can definitely see me using this one a fair bit.


Overall I am really impressed with all of these polishes.  They stamp beautifully over both black and white and are so easy to use.  

You can buy all four of these stamping polishes plus a bunch of other colours from Hit The Bottle.

6 comments:

  1. I need more stamping polish!! These look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a fan of these stamping polishes! I think it's safe to say everyone needs more stamping polishes. What are your favourite stamping polishes to use?

      Delete
  2. Great post - very helpful for my always growing HTB polish wish list. ;) Michelle makes some real great stamping polishes for sure! And, no, we can never have enough! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree, Michelle does make great stamping polishes. My list of her polishes (are really all polishes) are forever growing.

      Delete
  3. I love this post, it's always so helpful to see how colours stamp over black and white. I love that red one, it's gorgeous! Now I think about it, I do not have enough stamping polishes - time to get shopping.
    Vicky x
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicky. I love seeing how stamping polishes look over black and white. I think it gives you an indication of how they will look over all colours both light and dark :) And yes to shopping! We have Aussie Indie Con coming up and I think Hit The Bottle are going (or maybe just their polishes are - I'm not sure what is happening now) but if they are there I will be doing a bit of shopping :)

      Delete