Sally Hansen Color Therapy Red Carpet Collection - Swatches & Review

Friday 9 June 2017




I am 99% sure my delivery driver thinks that I am trying to overwork him.  Yes I do shop a lot (although I have been good lately and haven't really purchased anything - I am saving my $$$ for Aussie Indie Con next week).  Luckily for me I do receive surprise nail mail every now and again and had the new Sally Hansen Color Therapy Red Carpet Collection arrive at my door last week.  If you have missed my previous review of the Sally Hansen Color Therapy polishes you can see that post here.  Today I have their new limited edition shades to share with you.


Good As Blue is a dark blue creme.  This one is easy to use and is opaque in two coats.


Haute Stone is dark brown with a reddish shimmer.  Now the shimmer in this one is easy to see in the bottle, however it doesn't translate to the nail.  It is sooooo hard to see even if you are looking for it.  My second picture shows a macro with my cameras flash.  Even with the flash it is a struggle to see the shimmer.  The formula is great and so close to being a one coater.  I used two coats for my swatch.




Re-nude is a nude creme.  This one applies unevenly and is on the sheer side.  I used three coats for my swatch.


Steely Serene is a taupe creme.  The formula is great and easy to use.  I used two coats for my swatch.


Un-Wine'd is a red creme.  I think this is a great winter polish.  The formula is good and easy to use, however this one is quite pigmented so I recommend careful application as clean up can be very messy!  My swatch shows two coats.


Well, Well, Well is a white creme.  I am actually rather impressed with this one.  I have tried other Sally Hansen white polishes before and have found that they are streaky and aren't very opaque so need at least three coats.  This one applies quite evenly and is opaque in two coats.


This collection contains some really great polishes for the cooler months that we are having here in Melbourne.  I don't think that there are any really stand out colours for me, however if you are new to polish then these are some good staple colours. 

The Red Carpet Collection is available now from Priceline, Chemist Warehouse and independent pharmacies nationally.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the colours in this collection and although they're not seasonal for the uk, I can seee wearing them later in the heat.
    I may need to try that white, it's so bright and a two coater is always fab.
    Vicky x
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can never go wrong with white nails - I say that as I currently have a white mani on lol

      Delete