October 2017 Favourites

Tuesday 31 October 2017


I have had a bit of a "dumb moment".  I have been doing a semi countdown until Halloween (my daughter is very excited!) but for some odd reason it never really clicked that it is also the last day of the month which of course is monthly favourites time.  Luckily I remembered now or this post might have been a little later than usual.  Right, let's talk about all the things I have been loving this month.



Nail Art
This month I don't feel like I have done much nail art.  Probably because I did so much nail art last month and needed a little break (plus had a lot of swatching to catch up with).  These are the nail art manis that I have loved this month.
 

Stamping Plates
I have had a few new plates (or plates that I have only gotten around to playing with) that I have fallen in love with this month.  There are some seriously awesome plates out there at the moment!
 
Lina Nail Art Supplies Spookilcious 01
October is the month of Halloween so of course I would have to pop in this plate.  It's an awesome plate with Halloween designs for everyone!
 
Image from Lina Nail Art Supplies
Uberchic Texture-licious 03 Mini Stamping Plate
I am a huge fan of textured stamping plates and this one is no exception.
Image from Uberchic Beauty
Uberchic Beauty Radiate Love 01 Stamping Plate
I'm sure if you saw the original post on this plate, then it will be of no surprise that this plate is here.  I could rave about it all over again, but let's save some time.  You can see the original post here.
 
Image from Uberchic Beauty
Stampers
Hit The Bottle Double Shot Stamper
When it comes to stampers there is a couple of things that I need.  I need a stamper that is squishy (they just work better on my curved nails), one that doesn't require priming and one that works.  Well, Hit The Bottle's Double Stamper is perfect for me.  It's crystal clear so makes layering and placement of images easy and it also is really pretty.  Plus has two stamper heads! 
 

Stamping Polishes

Hit The Bottle Shazam Yellow
It's no surprise that Hit The Bottle Shazam Yellow is here in my favourites.  I love all of the polishes from the Pour Some Neon On Me Collection and Shazam Yellow is perfect.  It's a great colour and stamps beautifully over dark and light colours.
 

Indie Polishes
Indie polishes make up the bulk of the polishes that I have been loving this month!  In fact, it's pretty much all polishes from my favourite brands (the same brands I'm sure I put in every monthly favourites).
 
Emily de Molly Halloween Trio
I am a huge fan of Halloween polishes.  I think there are always some really interesting and unique polishes that come out at Halloween.  Emily de Molly did not let me down this year!
 

Emily de Molly August Releases
I was definitely late in swatching these polishes (and trust me it has been quite difficult having them sit in my swatch racks for so long) but I love them all!  August was a great month for releases from Emily de Molly.
 

Emily de Molly October Releases
In an effort to cut back on my favourites (which I really struggle at doing - doing a yearly favourites post is going to be the hardest thing I have done all year) I have managed to cut back my favourites from the October Release.  Polishes shown are Ever Sort After, Land Of Critique, End Of Seasons, Stylish Cover Up and The Plain Wall.
 

Grace-full Nail Polish Peg's World Collection
I'm really not sure what I can say about this collection that I haven't already said.  The polishes are all gorgeous and the formulas are awesome.
 

Grace-full Nail Polish Ghoulish Goop
Another Halloween polish that I feel in love with this month.  I love how different this one looks in different lights.  Its so pretty and interesting.
 

Powder Perfect Haunted Mansion (Part) Collection
There are three favourites of mine in the new Haunted Mansion Collection - Darkness & Dragons, Beast Within and Dead Of Night.  Such stunners!
 

Mainstream Polishes
I didn't really play with too many main stream polishes this month (but there will be lots coming in November so keep your eyes peeled for those!).  I did however play with a few new Dance Legend polishes.  Are Dance Legend classed as main stream or are they more indie?  I feel like they are some where in between.
 
Anna Gorelova by Dance Legend Summer 2017 (Part) Collection
These polishes are all definitely very 'me' polishes and I just love them.  There are so beautiful.
 

That wraps it up for October.  I can't believe it's already nearly November.  The next two months are going to fly by so fast.  I am definitely not prepared.

Let me know some of the things that you have been loving this month.

4 comments:

  1. I love the Spooklicious 01 plate - I don't live in a Halloween celebrating country, but I like this time of a year with its typical designs and pumpkins :) Also, I wanted to ask you, what do you do to keep your nails the same length - they seem so strong. Mine never last the same length for longer :( maybe you could do an article on your nail care routine :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a good plate isn't it. It's a shame you don't get to celebrate Halloween. Where abouts are you from? Halloween definitely isn't a big thing here, although it does seem to be growing in popularity.

      Honestly, I don't really have much of a nail care routine. I usually just file my nails when I think they are getting too long (or when I can be bothered), apply cuticle oil when I remember and that's about it. I am just very lucky to have naturally long and strong nails.

      Delete
  2. I live in Central Europe - Czech Republic and Halloween is still considered more of a US holiday here.. But I think it may change in few years, since I've seen a lot of people dressed up yesterday :)

    I was hoping you have some magical product you could recommend :D I have to keep searching for something. My problem is that the nails start to chip and break from the sides even when I use a polish or base coat with hardeners..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Halloween is still considered more of a US holiday here. I think in my area I would say that maybe 10% of people do Halloween but it was still a lot of fun.

      Sorry. I definitely don't have any magical products. I find that if I ever use any "strengthening" products my nails break, chip and just go really bad. Maybe taking a break from products with hardeners etc? I really have no idea what to suggest. Sorry

      Delete