Dixie Plates DP12 Stamping Plate - Swatches & Review

Sunday 5 November 2017


I recently discovered the brand Dixie Plates.  I have no idea how long they have been around or anything about the brand other than that they are Melbourne based which means super fast shipping for me.  Woohoo!  Anyway, I ordered two plates to start with - the Mable 01 stamping plate (I will be swatching and reviewing this plate very soon) and DP12 which I will be sharing with you today.


DP12 is one of the large stamping plates available from Dixie Plates.  The plate size itself is the same size as Uberchic Beauty and Lina Nail Art Supplies plates, however the images are HUGE!  I didn't really pay any attention when I was buying these at how many images where on the plate or the size of the plate so I was definitely shocked at the size of images when I saw them.  On DP12 you get twenty full sized images versus thirty full sized images which you can get on other plates of the same size.  Price is on par with other plates of the same size.

For my first mani using this plate I used Emily de Molly Stardust for my base and stamped using a dark blue Ya Qin An stamping polish.  Because the image is so huge I lose a lot of the detail so it's not quite the look I was hoping for.


I had planned on using one of the tribal-ish images towards the bottom of the plate but given how big the images are I decided to skip on those.  I think I would lose too much of the image.  I saw this image which reminded me a little of an oil spill so I grabbed out one of my multichrome stamping polishes.  This mani definitely is a lot more shifty than it looks in my pictures.  For my base I used Pretty Serious Cosmetics Absence and stamped using Colour Alike B An Orion.




Overall, I really like the images on this plate, however I am disappointed about the size of the images.  They are just way too big for my nails (and I don't consider my nails to be small in any way).  I did have a little look at some of the manis that other people have done using these plates and most people have deconstructed the images to fit their nails.  While that is a good idea, I personally prefer to being able to pick and image and stamp it directly onto my nails.  Have you tried Dixie Plates before?   What are your thoughts on the large images?

DP12 is available now from Dixie Plates.

No comments:

Post a Comment