Emily de Molly December 2017 Releases - Swatches & Review

Friday 15 December 2017


Emily de Molly releases are always among my favourite releases every month.  You just know that there are going to be some great colours with excellent formulas.  December is no exception to this.  I have seven of the new release polishes to share with you today.


Bright Counterpart is a lime (cold) to neon yellow (warm) thermal with a gold shimmer.  This polish is LIMITED TO ONE BATCH.  It will be available at stockists and sold as normal until sold out.  This one freaked my camera out so my swatches aren't 100% accurate.  The colour shift is awesome and both are quite fun colours.  The formula is great and easy to use.  I did find that in the warm state it looked a little patchy so I used three coats for my swatch.   

Picture taken in light box (cold)

Picture taken in light box (transitioning)

Picture taken in direct sunlight (transitioning)

Picture taken in direct sunlight (transitioning)

Picture taken in light box (warm)
Downward Spiral is a navy blue holo with pink/green/gold shifting shimmer and iridescent flakes.  This is such a great colour and definitely one of my favourites from this release.  The formula is awesome and is opaque in two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
High Contrast is a purple (cold) to neon pink (warm) thermal with silver flakes.  I love this one.  I think both colours are stunning, the transition is fantastic and the formula is awesome.  I used two coats for my swatch.  I did need to ice my hands for the cold swatch so the purple is darker than what it would naturally be on your hands (well unless you have ice cold hands).

Picture taken in light box (cold)

Picture taken in light box (transitioning)

Picture taken in light box (transitioning)

Picture taken in light box (warm)
Latent Beauty is a light beige brown with strong green to pink shifting shimmer.  I had trouble capturing the pink shift in this polish, however it is visible in person.  The formula is great and applies evenly.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Swimming In Circles is a bright teal foil with gold to green shifting shimmer.  This polish gives me mermaid vibes.  The colour is stunning and the formula is great.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box


Picture taken in direct sunlight
Tied To Mystery is a bright pink jelly with violet shimmer and iridescent flakes.  I love this one too.  Sadly, it doesn't photograph as nicely as it looks in person.  It really is a stunner.  The formula is great and is opaque in two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box
Untapped Potential is a purple/red/orange/gold multichrome.  I am such a sucker for multichromes and I love this one.  It has such a great shift and the formula is awesome.  I used two coats for my swatch. 

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade
Emily de Molly's December releases are all fantastic.  There isn't one that I don't like.  My definite favourites are Tied To Mystery, High Contrast and Untapped Potential, closely followed by Downward Spiral and Swimming In Circles.

The December releases will be available on Emily de Molly's Australian Site on Monday 18th December at 10am AEDT and on the international site on Sunday 17th December at 6pm EST.  Don't forget that Bright Counterpart is limited to one batch only so grab it while you can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment