Emily de Molly January 2018 Limited Edition Polishes - Swatches & Review

Monday 26 March 2018


I have set myself the goal of swatching all of the polishes that I purchase this year (as well as swatching everything that I purchased this year).  It has definitely been a little tricky trying to stay on top of it all.  At one point my swatching racks were over flowing.  Well I am happy to say that my swatch racks are so close to being empty which means that I am getting closer to achieving my goals.  Woohoo!  Anyway, today I have my swatches and review of the Limited Edition polishes that Emily de Molly released back in January.  I am about 99% sure these aren't available anymore so I do apologize for that.  There are also quite a lot of polishes so this post is going to be very picture heavy. 


LE77 is a light peachy pink holo with silver holographic microglitters and iridescent glitters.  I'm a little on the fence with this one.  It's not one I love but it isn't one I hate either.  The formula is easy to use and is opaque in two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
LE78 is a brown subtle shimmer.  The shimmer is so subtle that this polish almost looks like a creme polish.  The formula is amazing and is opaque in one coat!   That's right, I only used one coat for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
LE79 is a dark blue/purple/red multichrome (subtle shift) with blue to purple shimmer, silver holographic micro glitters and iridescent glitters.  I love this one!  The colours are gorgeous and so is the shift (it's better in person than my pictures show) and the formula is fantastic.  It is easy to work with and applies evenly.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken in direct sunlight
LE80 is a light blue foil holo that shifts slightly to lavender.  This is such a gorgeous colour.  The formula is great and easily to use, but it is a little on the sheer side.  My swatch shows three coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
LE81 is a teal green with copper shimmer, iridescent flakes and silver holographic micro glitters.  This is another really pretty polish.  I love the added copper shimmer.  The formula is easy to work with and opaque in two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in light box
LE82 is a pink to brown thermal with copper shimmer and gold holographic micro glitters.  I didn't actually realize that this way a thermal, so I only have swatches of it in it's warm state.  Oops.  I do like the pink and the added shimmer and glitter.  I used two coats for my swatch, but question if it needs a third coat as it is a little see through at the tips in direct light.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
LE83 is a pale green holo with pink/green/gold multichrome flakes.  Love this one!  I really am such a sucker for holo polishes with multichrome flakies.  The formula is easy to use and applies evenly.  My swatch shows three coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
LE84 is a dark grey holo with gold/bronze multichrome flakes.  The one is a nice colour and the formula is fantastic.  It's close to being a one coater.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
LE85 is a reddish pink subtle holo with purple shimmer and iridescent flakes.  Gorgeous colour (although I am pretty sure you would know that that is what I was going to say).  The formula is fantastic and close to being a one coater.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
LE86 is a steel blue subtle holo with copper shimmer, iridescent glitters and a small amount of multichrome flakes.  Nice colour (I particularly like the glitters in this one) and the formula is great.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
LE87 is a khaki green holo with copper/pink shimmer and multichrome flakes.  I think this is such an interesting shade and colour combination.  I really, really like it.  The formula is awesome and so close to being a one coater.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
LE88 is a pale grey subtle holo with iridescent flakes and gold shimmer.  I love this one!  I did find it to be on the sheer side so I used it over Emily de Molly Monty Cora.  I used two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
LE89 is a dark pink with iridescent flakes and subtle gold shimmer.  Huge fan of the colour of this one.  It's really pretty and easy to use.  I found it to be a little see through at the tips in direct light after two coats, so I used three coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
I have said this before and I will probably say it a million more times, Emily de Molly make the best polishes!  There are so many favourites in here for me - LE79, LE80, LE81, LE83, LE85, LE87, LE88 and LE89.  The others I really, really like as well but I can't put them all in my favourites now can I?

Did you manage to pick up any of these Limited Edition shades?

No comments:

Post a Comment