Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Dream Scene Shade Extension - Swatches & Review

Friday 23 March 2018


It has been quite some time since I have had the chance to play with some new Xtreme Wear polishes from Sally Hansen.  They have just released some new polishes for the Dream Scene Collection.  I am not entirely sure what other polishes are part of this collection or if any of them are limited edition.  I do know that there are six new shades which I will be sharing with you today.


Camel-ot is a camel creme with a very, very subtle shimmer.   The formula of this one is on the sheer side and applies a little unevenly.  I needed three coats to even it out.


Day Cream is a pink toned white creme.  The one again, is on the sheer side and applies unevenly.  I do like the colour though - it makes for a nice fresh mani.  For my swatch I used three coats, however it could do with at least another coat as it is still a little uneven (you can notice this more in person than in my picture).



Drop The Beat is a plum creme.  This is definitely my favourite from this collection.  It's such a great shade for the cooler months.  The formula is great - and it's close to being a one coater.  I used two coats for my swatch.


On Cloud Shine is a pearl pink.  This one is really sheer.  I don't think that it would be possible to make it opaque on the nails.  I used one coat over Day Cream.


Red-ical Rockstar is a bright red crelly.  Reds really aren't my favourites.  The formula is easy to use, however it is a little sheer.  My swatch shows two coats.


Rock My Way is a brown creme.  This one has a nice even formula.  My swatch shows two coats.


I found this collection quite disappointing for a couple of reason.  Firstly, the press release that I saw made them look a lot different than what they actually are.  The second (and probably the thing that disappointed me most) was the formulas.  With the exception of Drop The Beat and Rock My Way, the formulas are unevenly and sheer.  I always thought that the Xtreme Wear polishes had great formulas - they applied evenly and were opaque in two coats maximum.  Well, that is my experience with them anyway.  

What do you think of this collection?

No comments:

Post a Comment