The Digit-al Dozen Does Stamping: Layered Stamping

Monday 12 March 2018


It is Digit-al Dozen week again and this week we are doing what it possibly my favourite themes - stamping!  I love stamping and think that is is the best form of nail art ever!  Mainly because it is the one type of nail art that I can do.  That being said, one type of stamping that I do have some trouble with it is layering images.  I think layered stamping can look so cool but I always seem to have some trouble lining up the images.  I may have worked out a technique that will help me (it worked on my index nail) but we will see if that was a fluke or not later.

For this mani I used Emily de Molly LE85, Powder Perfect's White Stamping Polish and Hit The Bottle's As Black As Night.  Images are from Uberchic 24-02.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Super excited for this week's manis - to do them and to see what the other girls come up with.

4 comments:

  1. I struggle with lining up layered stamps too, but your index nail turned out perfect! What's the trick?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I have only tried it once and it was only on the index finger. I plan on testing it some more (just to make sure that it wasn't actually a fluke). If it is something that works time and time again I'll do a post on it. I'm pretty sure there is a group of use that struggles with lining up images.

      Delete
  2. Yours came out very nice! I am working on learning to double stamp too. It is a real challenge! I'm like you in that I like stamping because I can do it. Water marbling is one I have real trouble with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Water marbling is a horrible technique! I have given up completely on trying. I have come to terms with my inability to do it. Luckily for me there are stamping plates that cover my water marbling needs :)

      Delete