26 Great Nail Art Ideas: Halloween With Negative Space

Friday 27 October 2017


I'm back with my second for the 26 Great Nail Art Ideas Challenge.  This week's theme is Halloween With Negative Space.  I am pretty sure by "negative space" they were more going for a mani with naked parts of the nail, however I don't do naked nails.  It doesn't matter if it's a full nail or just a little bit, I just don't like it.  That being said, I decided to use a negative space stamping image.

For my base (I'll pop a picture to the base by itself below) I used Essie's Backseat Besties, Saltwater Happy, Play Date, Resort Fling, Chillato and First Timer, and Powder Perfect's Black Stamping Polish.  Stamping image is from Uberchic Halloween 02 stamping plate.




I really love the base of this mani.  



Are you joining in with this challenge?  There is still plenty of time to join!

4 comments:

  1. Spring Halloween! Is Halloween "big" there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is meant to be Spring here but Melbourne seems to have switched us back to Winter again. Not happy. Ummmm Halloween isn't a big thing here but it seems to be picking up a little more which is nice. Olivia loves Halloween probably just as much as she loves her birthday, Christmas and Easter. Do you do anything for Halloween?

      Delete
  2. Oh, now I know what was meant by "negative space" :D sometimes I keep having trouble when trying to figure out what the prompts mean, since I'm not native speaker and google is not very helpful with this.. I really like your design though and I'm not a fan of naked nails either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I think everyone interrupts these sorts of things different. When I started getting into nail art a few years ago there was a huge debate on what an "ombre" mani was. Best thing about these sorts of challenges is you can really do no wrong (no one will tell you off either) or you can skip themes you don't like.

      Thank you x

      Delete